Note: The slideshow below contains audio.
- Adopt at least a one and a half (1.5) mile stretch of county road and commit to keeping that road clean for two (2) years.
- Conduct at least two (2) organized litter clean-ups each year.
- Complete a summary report for each clean-up.
- Watch an orientation video and sign a liability waiver releasing the District of any responsibility should an accident occur.
- Contact the District office at least one week before each clean-up to reserve a roadside kit, and to allow the District to make arrangements for trash pickup, if needed.
- Minimum age of volunteers is 12 years old.
- Signage along the collection area proclaiming your group's dedication to making Bartholomew County a cleaner, healthier place to live.
- Press release announcing your group's commitment.
- Portable safety signage.
- Trash bags for clean-ups.
- Returnable safety vests and work gloves.
- Pickup of trash bags the day after the clean-up if needed.
Please contact Jessica Norcross, Education Coordinator by calling 812.376.2614 or email at email@example.com
for more information regarding this program.